Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad with a lemon dressing is ideal for lunch or dinner! Quick and straightforward for meal prep!
Healthy and filling, this Tuna Salad is just not solely full of superb flavours, it’s ALSO a bowl filled with protein, fibre and wholesome fat! Have it for lunch or dinner, as a aspect or fundamental dish, this tuna salad is particularly good in starvation emergencies.
No cooking or boiling or baking wanted. Just seize tuna straight out of the can and throw it in with the remainder of your components.
Only 5 primary components go on this tuna salad
- Tuna → protein supply with good quantity of heart-healthy omega-Three fatty acids.
- Chickpeas → full of protein and fibre.
- Avocados → whereas including a great quantity of wholesome fat, the avocado provides a creaminess to the salad without having any mayo.
- Tomatoes → add a scrumptious texture to this tuna salad, together with a great supply of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin Okay.
- Cucumbers → a crispy, crunchy veg that helps hold you hydrated whereas flushing out toxins.
Those elements make the majority of this salad, however then you will have a stunning lemon garlic dressing including additional vitamin.
Tuna salad for meal prep!
We make an enormous batch of this tuna salad weekly (with out the dressing or avocado) and throw it into hermetic meal prep containers. When able to eat, I chop up our avocados, add them in and drizzle with prepared made dressing!
Is this tuna salad good for you?
In brief, YES! Usually a (nice) tuna salad incorporates heaps of mayo, including an unimaginable quantity of additional fats and energy. As talked about above although, this tuna salad will get its creaminess from wholesome avocado slices. There is NO NEED for mayo on this!
You can use tuna canned in oil, brine or spring water.
Avocado Tuna Chickpea Salad
Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad with a lemon dressing is ideal for lunch or dinner! Quick and straightforward for meal prep! Healthy and filling, this Tuna Salad is just not solely full of superb flavours, it’s ALSO a bowl filled with protein, fibre and wholesome fat!
Servings: four individuals
Calories: 345 kcal
FOR THE SALAD:
- 15 ounces (425 grams) Tuna, canned in brine or olive oil
- 14 ounces (400 grams) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 giant Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 giant vine ripened tomatoes, reduce into wedges
- 1 giant cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- half of a pink onion, sliced thinly
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/four cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons recent squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon recent chopped parsley (plus additional to serve)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 giant garlic cloves, minced)
- 1/four teaspoon salt
Whisk collectively dressing components in jug or jar.
Mix collectively all the salad components in a big bowl. Toss with dressing. Season with pepper and additional salt if desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: Combine all the elements collectively in a bowl (besides the dressing), cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When able to serve, drizzle with dressing.
Avocado Tuna Chickpea Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 31mg 10%
Sodium 477mg 20%
Potassium 522mg 15%
Total Carbohydrates 13g four%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 32g 64%
Vitamin A 6.four%
Vitamin C 10.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All pictures & content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use my photographs with out prior permission. If you need to share this recipe, please present a hyperlink again to this publish for the unique recipe.