Healthy 2-Ingredient Breakfast Cookies! No flour. No oil, butter, refined sugars, fats, eggs OR dairy.
Weight Watchers (or low fats and food regimen pleasant) and tremendous fast and straightforward to make, these no-guilt, wholesome 2-ingredient breakfast cookies (or banana cookies) took the web by storm a number of years in the past. I posted these ones once I was simply beginning out on Instagram with individuals everywhere going NUTS making them. They’re solely 48 energy EACH!
The best half about these Breakfast Cookies:
- Kids LOVE them in class lunch packing containers and luxuriate in them as snacks ︎
- Husband loves them (that’s the deal sealer) ︎
- Mother’s NEED them as emergency breakfast-on-the-go ︎
The cause I’m calling them breakfast cookies is as a result of that’s what they’ve turn into in my house of locos. Move over cereal. These cookies are like → transportable breakfast cereal *slash* porridge *slash* oatmeal and not using a bowl (nicely, relying on the place you’re from on the planet). I can’t inform you what number of occasions these cookies have saved my hungry bee-hind mid morning rush. The chaos of faculty runs: operating late whereas spilling scorching coffee throughout my pants, arguing with kids, unloading and loading (or cramming) the dishwasher, final minute uniform ironing, adopted by the emergency evacuation with kids in tow which virtually all the time ends in manic driving. All by eight:30am, leaving no time to eat breakfast in between. I want a drink. I imply, a coffee.
The wrestle → is actual. Mother’s unite.
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Mash bananas along with fast oats
- Add in anything you want
It’s type of unfair to put in writing out an entire submit on these once they’re not likely a recipe. HowEVER, a number of followers have requested for printable variations of the recipe. So. I took step-by-steps to point out how straightforward these are to make.
Once you’ve made the bottom (2 bananas, 1 three/four cup fast oats), you can add something you want. I really like chocolate chips (um, no surprises), peanut flour (or any nut butter you’ve gotten), floor cinnamon and I LOVE including honey. It makes them extra moist within the center, including an epic soft-chewiness. BUT! You don’t need to. Because who am I to inform you what to do? Exactly.
If you haven’t made these earlier than, it’s essential to notice that they don’t unfold and form themselves into regular cookie shapes. How they’re positioned on the cookie sheet is how they may come out. Flatten them down with the again of a metallic spoon (or use your fingertips flippantly dipped in a little bit of water as the dough is a bit sticky), and form them into spherical cookies.
Once they’re baked, permit them to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than consuming them. They are arduous to withstand, however it IS higher than the alternate 80 diploma burns. Serve as you’d breakfast. Dunk them in milk, coffee, milky tea, or scorching chocolate. The world is your breakfast cookie. You’ll be making these weekly. Monthly. Ummmm. Daily.
Need easier wholesome breakfast recipes? Try these!
*ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED FEB 17, 2016*
Healthy 2-Ingredient Breakfast Cookies
Weight Watchers pleasant, Vegan pleasant and low calorie! These cookies are tremendous fast and straightforward to make, and wholesome!
- 2 giant (, ripe bananas)
- 1 three/four cups fast oats*
Optional Add-in Ingredients:
- four tablespoons peanut flour or any nut butter
- 1/four cup chocolate Chips ((I exploit semi-sweet,darkish or miniature))
- 1-2 teaspoons honey ((modify to your style choice))
- 1/four cup cacao nibs
- 1/four cup Nutella or any hazelnut unfold
- 1/four cup peanut butter chips
- 1/three cup crushed nuts of selection ((pecans, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and so forth))
- 1/three cup dried fruit ((assume cranberries, raisins, sultanas, chopped dates))
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract ((regulate to your style preferences))
- 1/four cup shredded coconut
- **Measurements are based mostly on what I’ve tried with these cookies up to now. Feel free so as to add extra/much less to your choice
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Mash bananas in a shallow bowl. Add within the oats and blend properly to mix. Fold in any elective add-ins you want (I added four degree tablespoons of peanut flour, 1/four cup chocolate chips and a couple of teaspoons of honey into these).
- Line baking tray/sheet with baking/parchment paper and drop one tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie onto tray. Press down with the again of a metallic spoon and form into cookies (these won’t unfold into form like regular cookies). Bake for 15-20 minutes relying in your oven, or till cookies are frivolously golden on prime and simply set to the contact. (Keep an eye fixed on them after 10 minutes, as they will bake quicker relying on how scorching your oven is earlier than baking.)
- Remove and permit to chill on a wire rack.
*Quick oats give the best outcomes, nevertheless you CAN use rolled oats. Use Gluten Free Oats for gluten free cookies.
**Storage: Store cookies in an hermetic container for two-three days, or freeze the batch and reheat when wanted.