Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon, Avocado and a loopy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
Refreshing, candy and savoury all on the similar time! A well-liked reader favorite, this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad has been remade everywhere in the world time and time once more! You all know me by now that once I create a salad recipe, it finally ends up being a giant salad that’s a meal in itself. Amazing mixtures in a bowl with a trace of garlic, crispy bacon, creamy avocado slices, juicy tomatoes and purple onion slices. This is THE final in chicken salad recipes.
Being a fan of honey mustard the whole lot, I gave up having fun with honey mustard dressing on salads due to all the mayo and energy usually sneaking their method into them. Then, this salad occurred. Waking up with the strongest honey mustard craving, I created this salad with FLAVOUR in thoughts!
Honey Mustard Dressing / Marinade
The best honey mustard dressing is true right here! Not solely does it double because the dressing AND marinade, it creates probably the most deliciously crispy, golden edges on the hen, giving us much more flavour! Halving the dressing to make use of as a marinade, THEN utilizing the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing to drizzle over the salad as soon as it’s all finished and able to eat has obtained to be the best option to maintain the unimaginable honey mustard flavours going. May the mustard gods assist me! So creamy and candy and tangy… the right stability multi functional!
You gained’t consider one thing so easy can result in one thing tasting so sinful.
Grilled or Seared Honey Mustard Chicken
In lower than 15 minutes you have got caramelised and tender honey mustard hen thighs. If you don’t have time to marinade them for the instructed couple of hours, it’s completely nice to prepare dinner them immediately. You use grill or sear them in a skillet. The selection is yours!
Wash and prep your salad greens whereas your hen is scorching away on the pan, smelling these unimaginable smells flooding your kitchen. Watching the sauce effervescent and thickening round every thigh whereas coating them in a stupendous syrup is my absolute favorite half.
To make up the veg half on this recipe, I used the next:
- Romaine lettuce (or Cos if in Australia)
- Avocado slices
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion slices
- Corn kernels (recent, frozen and thawed or tinned)
Optional Salad Additions
- Crispy bacon
- Boiled egg slices
- Asparagus spears
WATCH HOW WE MAKE THIS HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN SALAD RIGHT HERE!
Looking for extra Chicken Salad recipes? Try these!
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon & Avocado
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon, Avocado and a loopy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade! A well-liked reader favorite, this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad has been remade everywhere in the world time and time once more! A salad that’s a meal in itself, that is THE final in hen salad recipes.
ORIGINAL CAFEDELITES RECIPE
Dressing / Marinade:
- 1/three cup honey
- three tablespoons entire grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons clean and delicate Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), ((OPTIONAL — to chop by way of the sweetness))
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- four skinless and boneless hen thighs or hen breasts
- 1/four cup diced bacon, (trimmed of rind and fats)
- four cups Romaine lettuce leaves, (washed)
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 giant avocado, (pitted and sliced)
- 1/four cup corn kernels
- 1/four of a purple onion, (sliced)
- Whisk marinade / dressing components collectively to mix. Pour half the marinade right into a shallow dish to marinade the hen fillets for 2 hours if time permits. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to make use of as a dressing.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium warmth with a few teaspoon of oil and sear / grill hen fillets on both sides till golden, crispy and cooked by way of. (Grill in batches to stop extra water being launched.) Once hen is cooked, put aside and permit to relaxation.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with one other teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon till crispy.
- Slice hen into strips and put together salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips and hen.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade / dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon excessive and season with slightly additional salt and cracked pepper (optionally available).